Here are the photos of the completed scarf that I promised. As I mentioned before, I wanted a scarf that was longer than 72" (the length of my pink linen material) so I added more fabric to each end using a decorative seam technique used in Elizabethan times (and probably long before that).
The green floss I had ordered finally arrived in the mail, allowing me to complete the fringes.
I used a simple technique for the fringes. These were made with 6 stranded DMC floss in color 471 to match the embroidery in the seam.
I simply wound the skeins of floss around a credit card and cut along one edge of the card to get my lengths of floss, all the same length.
Next, I took each piece of floss, folded it in half, without separating out the strands. Using a fine crochet hook, I pulled the loop of floss through a hole in the bottom hem of the scarf, then passed the floss ends through the loop creating a fringe. I repeated this for every other hole in the hem.
Cambric weight linen, pink.
DMC 6 stranded cotton floss, color 471 green (fringe)
For the embroidery on the seam:
DMC Coton a broder No. 25, color 471 green
DMC Coton a broder No. 25, color 761 pink