Kimberly Servello's Embroidery Blog

Kimberly Servello - Pattern Drawer and Embroideress

Saturday, June 18, 2011

A Scarf in the French Monogram Style


This is my latest piece of hand embroidery.  I used cambric weight linen and DMC Floche thread.  


The hem technique, shown below, is an antique hem used during the Renaissance period (see Therese de Dillmont's Encyclopedia of Needlework).  Top pic is the back of scarf, bottom pic is the front.

  



Photo below is my original drawing that I transferred to the linen. I created the font of the letters since I couldn't find anything I liked to match the bow.  The bow holding a circle which contains the monogram is typical of monograms found on  antique French linens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in my blog. I'd love to hear from you...