Kimberly Servello's Embroidery Blog

Kimberly Servello - Pattern Drawer and Embroideress

Friday, August 26, 2011

Blue & White Rose Scarf Design Available on Etsy


The design and linen to make this scarf are now available in my etsy shop.**

The technique I used is called Speckling, which became popular in England during the Elizabethan period .  Basically, the motif is outlined in outline stitch, and then shading is added using small straight stitches and seed stitches.

If you didn't catch my post about how this scarf was made when I posted it, you can read a more detailed account - just click on "Blue & White Rose Scarf" under Projects on the right hand bar.  It's filed under June.


** If you'd rather purchase the linen with the design already drawn on it for you, you can contact me at kservello@comcast.net


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in my blog. I'd love to hear from you...